 CAD / 10908
Re: Modelling Pnuematics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:47:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steven Lane wrote:
Trying to add pnuematics to one of my virtual creations has led me to come up
with a few suggestions to improve the current situation.

Firstly we need a correctly sized tube. The flex tube is the same diameter as
the pnumatic nozzle so that's no good, it should fit over the nozzle.

The new style of Pnuematic cylinder hasn't been created yet and I noticed when
you push the tube over the nozzle it creates a bulge. It would be great if the
pnumatic tube start piece was modelled to look like the short bulged section. A
non-bulged version for joining intermediate sections would also be needed.

JP Brown has made one of these.

I've started on the new style pneumatic switch.  I've got the case and the lever
worked out.  Just need to get onto parts tracker.

Have you tried LSynth for your hoses?  It can easily do straight hoses.

Kevin

I could also do with a straight tube generator like the flexible one, although
I'd be happy to edit the LDR but their is a bug in Mlcad where when you move the
part on screen it gets catapulted across the screen.

Steven