 CAD / Development / 9382
Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:05:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

  • Trainbase 6 x 22 with Motorcutout Type I with Magnets (Complete) (this name seems too long...)

Considering the number of train bases with motor cutouts, we maybe could just skip that notation.

There are trainbases with and without motorcutouts, some with the same size. That’s why I suggested to add the cutout to the name. Also for seeking those parts as one of them is just a plate. Perhaps adding Motorcutout as a keyword can help to seek these parts.

About the semaphore signal:

   Should I create 4 complete shortcuts for the train signal?

I’d rather you didn’t. The (Complete) and (Shortcut) notations should indicate to modelers that they can examine the part file for component parts, which they can incorporate directly into their model.

Since the lever (handle) and blade can’t both be rotationally centered, you should create 2 files - x304c01 as a (Complete) file as either the Stop or Proceed attitude, and x304c02 is a (Shortcut) with the alternate attitude.

   (Red/Blue Stop, Red/Blue Proceed, White/Red Stop, White/Red Proceed)

Use the more common color scheme when you create x304c01 and x304c02.

As far as I know the red/blue signal was the first TLC produced, later changed into white/red. No other color combinations were ever produced IIRC. For the two attitudes Stop and Proceed, I’d rather have those terms included in the name.

About the lightbrick:

  • Electric Lightbrick 4 x 2 (complete assembly shortcut)
  • ~Electric Lightbrick 4 x 2
  • Light Bulb for Electric Lightbrick 4 x 2

In the complete part, is the light removable from the brick? If it is, then the brick’s title should not be prefixed with a tilde (~).

I did not listed additional metal parts, as I know these go in the S-folder using the same partnumber as the main part with s01, s02, etc. The ~Electric Lightbrick 4 x 2 is just the CA (not ABS ;-) part, the complete assembly shortcut contains the CA part and the metal parts. Since the lightbulb is indeed removable should I create two complete parts?:
* Electric Lightbrick 4 x 2 (Complete)
* Electric Lightbrick 4 x 2 with Light Bulb (Shortcut)

The metal parts are like the left image. I created the right image just to distinguish the metal pieces from the plastic.

Niels