 CAD / Development / 9381
Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:17:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

I need partnumbers for the following parts. I also want to know if the partnames
are correct.

x389.dat    Technic Brick  1 x  2 with Hole and Thin Top
x290.dat    Magnet Holder for Train Base  6 x 22 Type I
x303.dat    Train Base  6 x 22 with Cutout Type I
x303c01.dat Train Base  6 x 22 with Cutout Type I with Magnets (Complete)
x304c01.dat ~Train Signal  4.5V (Complete)
x304c02.dat ~Train Signal  4.5V (Shortcut)
x304.dat    ~Train Signal Base
x308.dat    ~Train Signal Blade
x316.dat    ~Train Signal Lever
x317.dat    ~Train Signal Pole
x318.dat    Train Signal Plate
x322c01.dat Electric Light Brick  4 x  2 (Complete)
x322.dat    ~Electric Light Brick  4 x  2
x323.dat    Light Bulb for Electric Light Brick  4 x  2

* Technic Brick  1 x  2 with Hole and Thin Top
* Magnet Holder for Trainbase  6 x 22 Type I
* Trainbase  6 x 22 with Motorcutout Type I
* Trainbase  6 x 22 with Motorcutout Type I with Magnets (Complete)
(this name seems too long...)

Considering the number of train bases with motor cutouts, we maybe could just skip
that notation.

How should this trainbase be distinguished from the newer trainbase x280?

x280 could be 'with Buffers'.

* Train Signal 4.5V (Complete)
* ~Train Signal Base
* ~Train Signal Blade
* ~Train Signal Handle
* ~Train Signal Pole
* Train Signal Plate

Should I create 4 complete shortcuts for the train signal?

I'd rather you didn't.  The (Complete) and (Shortcut) notations should indicate to
modelers that they can examine the part file for component parts, which they can
incorporate directly into their model.

Since the lever (handle) and blade can't both be rotationally centered, you should
create 2 files - x304c01 as a (Complete) file as either the Stop or Proceed attitude,
and x304c02 is a (Shortcut) with the alternate attitude.

(Red/Blue Stop, Red/Blue Proceed, White/Red Stop, White/Red Proceed)

Use the more common color scheme when you create x304c01 and x304c02.

From the outside both pole halves are identical. The inner structure is
different, but can't be seen when glued together (I have no unglued poles, so I
can't see those differences)

That sounds alright to me.

* Electric Lightbrick  4 x  2 (complete assembly shortcut)
* ~Electric Lightbrick  4 x  2
* Light Bulb for Electric Lightbrick  4 x  2

In the complete part, is the light removable from the brick?  If it is, then the
brick's title should not be prefixed with a tilde (~).

Steve