 CAD / Development / 9368
9367  |  9369
Subject:
BFC And Mirroring (LDS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:53:21 GMT

As I am into a major revision of the LDS Compiler, I have stumbled upon the
problem with mirroring and extruding and their effect on BFD winding.

My question is: Is it correct to rewind the points if a polygon has been
mirrored an odd number of times, and not if it has been mirrored even times?
(This of course given that the first, original line is winded correctly)

for example:
MIRROR X
3 16  x1 y1 z1  x2 y2 z2  x3 y3 z3
is currently mirrored by LDS like this:
3 16  -x1 y1 z1  -x2 y2 z2  -x3 y3 z3
which is wrong from a BFC p.o.v.

If I rewind those lines that are mirrored one or three times, like these:
3 16  -x3 y3 z3 -x2 y2 z2 -x1 y1 z1
and
3 16  -x3 -y3 z3+4 -x2 -y2 z2+4 -x1 -y1 z1+4
, the last example is the first line manipulated with both
MIRROR X Y
end
EXTRUDE 0 0 4
... will this generally make correct output?

Hope I made myself clear...
/Tore