  *67988 (-100)
  2 random html questions

First, is "&" legal in text in HTML? or is "&" preferred? I'm pretty sure all browsers I've ever seen render it correctly.... Second, the "NOSHADE" attribute of the HR element is listed as depreciated. Ok, that's all well and good, but: what's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: NorthWestFest page is now up

(...) I got a 404 error trying to load that URL. But it looks like the real URL is: (URL) this helps someone... --Todd (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

In lugnet.market.shopping, thou, Maggie Cambron (mcambron@pacbell.net), hast wrytted... (...) Heh I wonder if Legophiles will flock to McDonalds like the Beanie Baby lovers. Funny story from my housemate: He was helping his sister move into a new (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Some Small Stuff Wanted

I am looking for some small lego items, and wanted to know if anyone would consider selling any of these: a black bandanna, one or two "$100" money tiles, the parts to put together an Imperial Guard admiral (the guy with the two- cornered hat with a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  NorthWestFest page is now up

Yes folks! Roll up, roll up! Form an orderly queue to sign up for the next UK LEGOfest. All you have to do is (URL) :-) The page will be updated and re-publicised fairly regularly over the next month or so. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: What would you put in a starwars accessories?

(...) Bounty Hunter:Boba Fett IG-88 Bossk Denger 4-LOM Zuckuss, all with guns These too(5)STORMTROOPERS!!!!!!!! with blasters (5)Rebel Pilots with troop carrier and some ladders so they can get into ther ships (5)TIE pilots with ? (5)Hoth ground (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Different fonts in webpages

On this past discussion of fonts, I began to wonder... I looked at the page of common MS fonts, and the main font on my webpage is not listed. Its called Papyrus LET, and the other font I use a lot is Comic Sans MS (which is fairly common, I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: What would you put in a starwars accessories?

(...) Fifteen stormtroopers. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check out the SW website!!

(...) Yeah, this one doesn't seem to have "shimmery" hair. (As do a lot of characters in Zahn's SW books, according to his description. A master of evocative prose, that Timothy Zahn.) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) Why, if you're keeping track of motion? I mean, if you suddenly stop, it's probably safe to assume you've hit something. :) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) Yes, plus two touch sensors to implement bumpers. Otherwise, you won't know when you hit an obstacle. That leads to sensor multiplexing, as described in the NQC tutorial. I ended up doing some filtering on the raw multiplexed input, to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Model team tie question

(...) That is the TIE Interceptor. Nope, those appear to be 3 of the old style smaller wings in black per wing. The giveaway is the front of the wings are only one dot wide. Joel Kuester (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Model team tie question

(...) Another good question is why are they carrying 71-- series numbers? Model team models are 55-- series. And don't bite back and say "'cause they're star wars". Think, the droid developers kit, clearly star wars, has a 91-- series number, just (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  What would you put in a starwars accessories?

What would you put in a starwars classic accessories pack? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  What type of metail are LEGO 9V tracks made of?

I was just reading some model railroad information that discussed the various metals used to create track. Does anyone know what LEGO track is made of? -- Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Check out the SW website!!

(URL) out this page, and tell me that whoever came up with that is a pathetic person and not fit to be have anything to do with Star Wars. I mean Dark Forces II MOTS Mara looks like 20X better than that and she was comuter designed. Couldn't they (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Not necessarily the handyboard....

(...) <blatant self-promotion> I work for ComputerBoards, Inc., a company that makes high quality yet inexpensive expansion cards for Intel platforms. We have just about anything you could need for analog or digital I/O, serial communications, GPIB, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Model team tie question

Which fighter is this supposed to represent? Are those black starwars wings i see on this model? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

So what are you guys thinking about then (sensor wise?) If I understand you correctly, then you are trying to mount two rotation sensors and one light sensor? Just curious- I'm working on a similar problem, but am choosing to go with floor marking (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GP2D05 (correction)

I apologize for the previous mail on the GP2D05 subject. The information I gave was base on my careless assumption (duhh) which was also wrong. Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience. =o( Rob (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) Lego (minifig) scale is much closer to O scale (1:48) which makes a 1x4 brick 5 feet long and a minifig a sizable 6ft 6in. If it is agreed that 5ft 8in is a more reasonable height for the average human than the scale is closer to 1:42 which (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Saucers *could* be okay...

(...) Im not afraid of the saucers at all, especially if it has bottom versions of them... I would love to find ways to use them in my ships, but so far the saucers from UFO were terribly colored and hideously decaled. The Falcon's saucers would at (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cannon info

(...) They actually replaced the spring with a little cylinder. I was able to make a non firing cannon fire but due to the type of spring I put in it the cannon is hard to fire. When it does fire ,watch out, as the 1x1 goes ZZZIIIIPPP across the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NZ spares stock buyout? (was Some disturbing news

(...) It's too late. My Lego source said that it was too expensive to ship them over, so they were sold off in NZ, or as she put it "liquidated" (Arg! I had nightmares of a technicoloured Lego soup!!). I trust Lego NZ did not "liquidate" the way (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: GP2D05

I am using the GP2D02 which is also identical to the GP2D05 except that on the GP2D05 you can manually set the threshole using the built-in trimpot. I am using Barry Brouillet driver for interfacing to the Handyboard/w expansion board and it works (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Firmware behaviour

(...) The on/off button is always operational. It makes a great NO! STOP THAT! button when your robot is tearing itself apart accidentally. :) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) In your mind, which issues brought up by/at MindFest are the most important ones to carry on (that aren't covered already yet by online groups), or which would you most like to see covered? (...) Interesting. I wonder if that answer assumes (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: Holiday Catalog-2000 Adventurers

(...) I have a copy but no scanner :( The logo says Arctic, and it's got a mountain in the background - it's all very stylised so that really is about all there is too it! I think the minifigs mentioned (orange and holding Crystals) are actually (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.adventurers)

  Not necessarily the handyboard....

I have an old 486 laptop and a few motors and sensors lying around...Does anyone know of a DSP board or some other device I could use to interface the motors and sensors to the laptop for real- time data aquistion? (I already have my handyboard (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) I'd love to see something based on this. (It's something I'm working on too, actually.) My sense is that small imprecisions will quickly add up to large errors, making this method difficult. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) The SW sets would be great as they have the better colours (greys, browns, etc). Although what will you do with 500 Darth Maul's or Luke's?!?!? I'm personally after lt. and dk. grey plates and bricks and slopes, so the red bucket doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Double echo

(...) Standalone loader would be nice. (...) Well, the most important, of course, is the stack bug. BTW, what about multitasker? How many cells would you recommend to allocate? Should be it checked by HAT word or not? (...) Sure, I would like to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: RCX with AC power - Still Available

(...) These things are commercially avaible already, my uncle has one. If I remember correctly, it was made by Husqvarna. The major drawback is that the solar power driven one is +/- Hfl 8000 ($4000). One with batteries is half as expensive. Really (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 4559 Cargo Railway

(...) Correction the link above leads to a nice design for an AMT 2000 locomotive. The Genesis is taller and would probably look better with the tall club car design. - Jim ___ (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Firmware behaviour

Hi all, does the ON/OFF Button work while a program is running with the standard firmware? Or do you need to press RUN to stop it first? Markus. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 4559 Cargo Railway

  Re: legOS limitation

Hi Colin, (...) The one task per priority level requirement is gone at least since March. There is a priority chain mechanism now, with round-robin scheduling within a priority level. (...) Yes, a task won't die while higher-priority tasks are (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindfest thanks

(...) Bram, it was great honor to meet you finally -- I've been a great admirer of your LDraw work for as long as you've been doing it. Seeing those two trucks in person was also quite a mind-filler! :) --Todd (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: LEGO Club memebership (was: Bluewater offers)

Sorry, I didn't explain too well - Keychains are _not_ available from TLG UK, unless you're a club member. In other words, you can call LEGO in Wrexham to order current service packs, replacements for broken or missing parts (even from non current (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

Is this possible using hull sections from the 'Flying Time Vessel' ? They seem to be abundantly available now and then at attractive prices. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) OK, getting closer. I went more closely through a bunch of recent messages here, scanned a few more papers, and thought more about what Seymour Papert said in his talk, then culled what seemed like the core issues and wrote down a couple (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: McDonalds Info

I'm guessing that some of the apparent new colours are due to a change in the plastic used by TLG. If you take a close look some of the new bricks in the Star Wars sets, and compare to a standard brick in the same colour, you can sometimes tell that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) Boy, It's almost a blur now. If I remember correctly, the discussion was about setting up a forum to discuss various issues brought up by Mindfest and its future. I suggested that LUGNET might be open to creating such a forum, but it was (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: Cannon info

Funny you should mention this, I was just researching it today. My understanding is that some sets were made with non-shooting cannons for the Americas market and with shooting cannons for all the other markets. I think 6263 (Imperial Outpost) is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Model of the Month

(...) Yeah there's some stiff competition, from the stats as of now it looks like two or three of the models will be competing neck-and-neck (I won't say which ones). Jeff, your A-Wing model *does* rock :) (...) Hee... Um, I forgot to announce it I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.general)

  Re: IR questinos and more

Hi Sergey, (...) if you intend only to transmit, you may just disable receiving altogether. (...) for an axle. yes, angle=rotation. (...) using the rotation sensor. otherwise, slippage may occur. night, markus. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (canceled)

  Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages

(...) Please keep in mind that this is a brand new account, the days shown are the only 8 days the account has been active. And there really isn't anything else on the site to look at yet, just some pictures for some of my current auctions. So (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  FA: 40 Lego Sets on SeriousCollector.com - many GOING TWICE!

Thanks for looking! Click here to bid or view: (URL) Here, to see our new site: (URL) Description Currently Bids Status Current End [PDT] 2556 Shell Model Team F1 Ferrari MISB $60.00 8062 Technic Universal Set with Storage Case NIB $60.00 8857 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages

(...) that (...) How (...) thumbnails. (...) I BELIEVE it is page hits, but it doesn't really say. The info is from simplenets "stats" program and was e-mailed to me. (...) a (...) I have no idea. I have access to the raw log files if you want them (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1.0 to 1.5 Upgrade Kit

Did some more surfing, and found this at (URL) MINDSTORMS introduces The Robotics Invention System 1.5 In response to customer requests to make the Robotics Invention System 1.0 easier for the new user to program and build we are releasing an (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Mindfest thanks

Here's a big thank you to everyone at MindFest for a great time! I wasn't able to attend any of the workshops, but that didn't stop the time from flying. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone I met (sorry, Ralph H. Great talk BTW; (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages

>Top 30 Clients Accessing troy.simplenet.com: (...) I believe that is "page views" but it doesn't really say. Troy (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) Actually, you were number 2 :) And the first list contained more items 9but less quantities! (Every response is helpful, even if it is just fro one item!) (...) model (...) cost. (...) This was my next course of action. I was thinking of maybe (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  A-wing

Is it just me or does the A-wing look too thick in the middle! I looks about the right length but too chunky! Shouldn't it be slimmer, more areodynamic. I think I spelled that wrong, o' well! (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) True, but people keep saying they don't want to go through the hassle.... (...) Well, that was why I decided to see if there was an interest first, so that I wouldn't take a hit on it. (...) I chose the bucket because it is readily available, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 9

Note: I will be unable to check my email on Saturday, so there will be no advancing that day. 1. This is a Once, Twice, Sold auction. 2. To bid send email to mdarnett@nycap.rr.com. I will try to post updates daily. 3. Minimum raises: 0-$50 by $1, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: One more time: The 2000 A-Wing is not too small

(...) :) I've just been in a bad mood this week... personal life isn't going too great, and I'm not getting much sleep. Anyway... Darn it, 15m makes more sence given the 12.5m I have for the Z-95. :) And the Z-95 is visually smaller in the games. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) Aha -- Rich, thanks for stepping forward. I wasn't there until the very end of the meeting, so I missed your question, but I heard about it second- or third-hand. What was the answer to your question, and were you satisfied by it? What subset (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.admin.general)

  1.0 to 1.5 Upgrade Kit

"The RCX Code can now be used to create more complex programs. Version 1.5 also has new tools like the Try-out tool that shows you what a block does and the Copy tool that lets you copy one or more blocks. All your programs from version 1.0 will (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Greatest Adventurer Books

(...) H Rider Haggard sets a high standard for Adventure yarns. I would posit that Alan Quatermain is the blueprint for all the other wannabees: Indiana Jones, Johnny Thunder etc The 1980's film is a real cheesefest. Highly recommend the book. Lots (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Need ideas for vehicle

(...) Thanks for the positive remarks guys. The project is resting at the moment whilst I await the arrival of more large types and shocks from Lego Service. Then I will resume work on the trailer In the mean time I will post a few more pictures of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: RCX with AC power - Still Available

have the bot use scisors. James C. Jones <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:v01540b02b43b87...121.26]... (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IntelliMouse Ripe for Hacking

This is the way to go. If you can rig a PS2 mouse to RCX, then the new optical mouse should work also. Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:FK61A5.Ex7@lugnet.com... (...) so, (...) wonder (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Broken #8448 and #8445

Hi! I normlly post in the Star Wars secion but I do hane some Technic sets also. Resently I bought the Super Street Sensation and the Indy Storm. They both have the new air cylinders! Well 2 out the 3 that I have have broken. I Just called TLG they (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Cannon info

I learned some things about lego cannons last night that I didn't know. I was at a friends house and was looking through his collection that he is sorting and I found his cannons. I was weirded out to see that they were all one part. (the actual (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: HOSER problem

I placed the required part(752 ??) where it needs to be and then used that point for getting the end of the hose where I want it. This is what I've been doing all along and I've never gotten the wierd end point like I was experiancing with this one. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  1.0 to 1.5 upgrade

Below are some products offered by (URL) I do not understand is that the upgrade kit from 1.0 to 1.5 can already be ordered, but the complete 1.5 will be available in January 2000. Can somebody explain? Harrie de Leeuw The Netherlands 9747 LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I admit it, I actually sorta like it! (was: Re: A New Hope (for the MF))

(...) bad, (...) for (...) Well, I've been waiting close to 20 years for this puppy, and I am not in the LEAST bit disappointed, even with the fairly crummy photo we've seen. I've been using an old Kenner Falcon, retro-fitted with plates on the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) I think that might have been me. I was sitting in the front row right across from Mitchel. (...) Rich (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) I'd be curious to see what other commonly-used modelling scales there are, and what model genres are commonly used with them. For example, HO scale is commonly used in train models and is (I believe) 1/87; this makes a 1x4 brick approx. 9 feet (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

Mark Lindsey <markwars@fcmail.com> wrote in message news:FK9rDv.GK2@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) here? (...) Rest assured that as soon as I have a copy, I'll post scans to my web site. (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) Yup. I'm his one response. That bucket had precisely four parts that appealed to me. I gave him my list,anyway - I figure it can't hurt. I really don't think a bucket is the best choice for this. I'd suggest picking something like the x-wing, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Chaining multiple RCX's output to input

Stephen Unwin <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:Marcel-1.53-102...n.co.uk... (...) That makes sense cause the RCX has a 10K pulling the input up to 5V. The 10K you put in series with the motor will put the voltage at half way (2.5V) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Cleaning Legos with a WaterPik?

Last night I was thinking about cleaning lego pieces, and suddenly, it hit me! Use a WaterPik(sp?)! Has anyone ever tried this? We got rid of ours years ago, so I can't try it out. Jeff "If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?" (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) ~ or it could be "sonny" instead of these clouds... if y'all think my 'figs are something, watch out for my puns! later ~ craig (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) I'd say you aren't getting many responses for a variety of reasons. Maybe including: People know they will continue to be able to get bulk bricks from lots of sources with lots of people breaking up tubs. People like me know that they can (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) Or Tor Naitto? (Groan) Mark L (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: stalled motor detection

If a motor stalls, it draws a lot of current (compared to normal operation). You can measure that quite easilyusing dedicated chip, or by measuring the voltage over a small resistor in series with the motor: if more current is draw, the voltage drop (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: One more time: The 2000 A-Wing is not too small

(...) Well, I think it means "nose to (the end of the) engine block". That's how I took it anyway. :) Hey, I never know what I'm talking about! ;) Jeff "This is definitely not a common spell!" (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: stalled motor detection

Shaft encoders are hard to beat. If the wheels are commanded to turn and aren't, that's a good indication that something is screwy. Plus, if you're doing dead reckoning, you need them anyway so they are already there! Gary Livick (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) Cirro Stratus! :) On second thought, this would probably work better for the Wealthy Expidition Backer. How about his son, Nim Bo Stratus? What can I say, I'm taking Meteorology right now. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

(...) I live about an hour south in Allentown (Bath actually but I'm moving to west Allentown in November). Other's in the area: Bruce Shaw in Blue Bell (about 2 hours south) Tim Vattima south of Philadelphia (about 2.5 to 3 hours south) Rob (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) on. (...) shirt (...) makes (...) to (...) of (...) Thanks for all of those suggestions. You're right about being busy for awhile! One question though, when you say that you have taken off an eye brow here and a mouth there how did you (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  RE: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

If you remove the lens from (I suspect) most pointers, you won't get a beam of light at all, even a conical one. Most laser diodes are essentially "point" sources, the light goes in any direction it can (think flat lightbulb). Moving the lens closer (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: HOSER problem

Ryan, Remember that first you need to place the hose ends in the model yourself. Then determine the x,y,z of the "top" of each hose end. These will be the endpoints for hoser. Add the control points, and hoser will calculate the position and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blue Steep Sloped Corners

(...) Correct! Space Station Zenon has 5 of them and as far as I know, is the only set that has them. Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (URL) | | (URL) | +---...---+ (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sam's Club Throwbots

(...) Wow. Nice discount, assuming TB's usually go for $6 each. Steve "Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain." (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

(...) Usually, you can purchase the toy without the meal for a dollar or so. Also, it's not unusual for McD's to offer the complete set of the current toys on a mail-order basis. But it varies between promotions. I'll check when I get my first LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One more time: The 2000 A-Wing is not too small

(...) It says "12.5 from nose to engine block" but does this include the length of the engines past the body? Dosn't matter, that wouldn't be 2.5 meters... Ah, forget everything I said then. :( Show me to act like I know what I'm talking about. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: McDonalds Info

(...) I'm currently leaning towards that, too, but I'm not counting out regular blue yet. However, I do think the green is regular green. I think the lighting is just brightening everything up, 'cause the yellow looks brighter, too. Jeff "I've had (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: LTC national convention

(...) One thing that always gets noticed by LEGO is an attempt to build the tallest LEGO structure ever. What is the current record anyway? Isn't it held by Australia? Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: McDonalds Info

(...) I wish! I asked about this and it was either $1.69 or $1.79 before sales tax, they weren't sure which yet. I'm hoping they erred on the high side... /Eric McCarthy/ (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) well, o.k., then... but you've no idea how many johnny thunders i've mutilated.... i have a teddy roosevelt/ rough rider thing going on as well. i modified a baron head by removing the scar & moustache. then painting a brown van dyke on. using (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

I think that a good way to have a lasertag competition is to have an arena with many walls to hide behind, and have the robots programmed with different tactics of defense and offense. It's not hard to make an IR light beacon on top of each robot, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Castle site

(...) Wow! That is a BIG castle! I love it! I think someone asked already, but how big is it in terms of area? It looks like it's around 4-5 feet wide! Quite astounding! Any future plans for improving it? (not that it needs improvement!) DaveE (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

Skipped 7 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact