 General / 9163
9162  |  9164
Subject:
Cannon info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:20:28 GMT

    I learned some things about lego cannons last night that I didn't know.
I was at a friends house and was looking through his collection that he is
sorting and I found his cannons. I was weirded out to see that they were all
one part. (the actual cannon, not the stand for them.) I also didn't know
that they had a little emblem on them near the back.

    Now this is weird to me because I have pirates sets but only the first
initial run:

    6285
    6274
    6270

    and the like..

    My cannons do not fire but they are also made of multiple pieces like
they were intended to fire but when lego decided against firing cannons in
the U.S. they just removed a small componet. I also collect the old
Transformers toy and this reminds me of the earlier ones that had missiles
and had the guns or cannons to fire the missile but could not because one
componet was missing. (the original Microman Megatron gun could actually
fire little pellets)

    I actually had no idea that later pirate sets had a completely different
non firing cannon.
    Anyway I'm just rambling but this was news to me.

    -Palmer