 General / 22957
Re: Cannon info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:42:08 GMT

Timothy Jones wrote:

    My cannons do not fire but they are also made of multiple pieces like
they were intended to fire but when LEGO decided against firing cannons in
the U.S. they just removed a small componet.
    I actually had no idea that later pirate sets had a completely
different
non firing cannon.
    Anyway I'm just rambling but this was news to me.
I was wondering about this. I've only been into Lego for a few years and have
hardly any knowledge about the history of the cannons. I got an older cannon
at a garage sale with a black handle on the hand that can be pulled out about
1/4 inch. Is this the different non-firing cannon you're talking about?

Tim

There is a whole evolution of cannon, Tim. The one you have is probably a
transition model that was built to fire and then modified to not fire by
replacing the springs with a solid pin. Yours can be modified with a small hobby
spring (or a pen spring) but you have to disassemble it first. Firing cannons
pull way back and will really launch a 1x1 cylinder. Transition cannons (black
plunger) pull a short way back, and solid cannons do not fire at all, of course.

SteveC
http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/index.html