 General / 22956
Re: WW/RR/DI cap style name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:01:05 GMT

I see that Todd has adopted "kepi" as the term for this hat
in Auczilla XIV, so I suppose that's now our standard term.
Left to my own preferences, I would have used "forage cap",
which is the common term in use for the ones from the
American Civil War era, where the flat round top is inclined
downward towards the brim.

Although "kepi" is an acceptable term for this, I think it's
more commonly used for the French cap that looks like a simple
short cylinder with a brim on the front, worn by French officers
and police.  Think of Claude Raines in "Casablanca", or all of
those classic French Foreign Legionaires, except that their
kepis have the cloth at the back to protect the neck from
the blazing desert sun.

In lugnet.general, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Todd Lehman writes:
Y'know that floppy cavalry-looking hat/cap with visor thingum that comes in
Blue in Wild West sets,

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6706,6716,6761,6765,6769&v=a

Dark Gray in Rock Raiders sets,

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=1276,3348,3349,4930,4980,4990&v=a