 General / 22969
Re: WW/RR/DI cap style name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:03:39 GMT

Paul Ferguson wrote:

I see that Todd has adopted "kepi" as the term for this hat
in Auczilla XIV, so I suppose that's now our standard term.
Left to my own preferences, I would have used "forage cap",
which is the common term in use for the ones from the
American Civil War era, where the flat round top is inclined
downward towards the brim.

I thought a forage cap didn't have a brim at all, but was one of those
fore-and-aft type caps that aircrew wore in WWII.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-park.htm