 General / 9167
Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:20:46 GMT

What does the number there to the left of the client/hostname mean?  Is • that
the number of page views for that client, or the number of HTTP GET's? • How
many different clients do you figure at Lucasfilm or Disney looked at the
thumbnails?  Must be somewhere around 4 to 7 different clients at each
place, since the average number of hits per client is 39 and these two
probably looked at many of the larger images in addition to the • thumbnails.

I BELIEVE it is page hits, but it doesn't really say.  The info is from
simplenets "stats" program and was e-mailed to me.

Can you tell from the timing between the log entries whether they snarfed • a
whole copy of all the images or whether they were clicking through them
interactively?

I have no idea.  I have access to the raw log files if you want them and
have some stat program you can run on them.  Just let me know.

Troy