 Robotics / 7743
Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:01:31 GMT

So what are you guys thinking about then (sensor wise?) If I understand
you correctly, then you are trying to mount two rotation sensors and one
light sensor? Just curious- I'm working on a similar problem, but am
choosing to go with floor marking read by a second light sensor instead.

Yes, plus two touch sensors to implement bumpers. Otherwise, you won't
know when you hit an obstacle. That leads to sensor multiplexing, as
described in the NQC tutorial. I ended up doing some filtering on the
raw multiplexed input, to minimalize misinterpretation of the data by
the bot.

Kay