 Robotics / 7738
Re: 1.0 to 1.5 Upgrade Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:18:52 GMT

Did some more surfing, and found this at
http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/ris_upgrade.html

LEGO MINDSTORMS introduces The Robotics Invention System 1.5

easier for the new user to program and build we are releasing an updated
version of the Robotics Invention System. The Robotics Invention System 1.5
is now available.

The purpose of the upgrade package is to offer additional assistance to the
new LEGO MINDSTORMS user. One of the most common requests we received from
our customers was that we include set-by-set building instructions for
creations made from the Robotics Invention System. The new Robotics
Invention System Constructopedia contained in the 1.5 version now comes with
complete step-by-step instructions to build 3 distinct inventions: the
Roverbot, the Acrobot, and the Inventorbot.

We believe that customers who already own the Robotics Invention System 1.0,
and have mastered building and programming robots from the kit, may not find
the upgrade kit is as useful as a new user would. However, if you are still
interested in obtaining a copy of the 1.5 upgrade kit it is available to
registered Robotics Invention System 1.0 owners for $25.00 (US Dollars).

The upgrade kit includes:    Version 1.5 Constructopedia
   Version 1.5 CD ROM
   User Guide
   Test Pad

Where to purchase:   LEGO World Shop
http://www.legoworldshop.com/

LEGO Shop at Home
1-800-453-4652 (US only)

We are committed to making a great product even better! Please continue to
check our website for new information on future LEGO MINDSTORMS enhancements
and Inventions.

BTW, Lego has the Mindstorms television ads up on the Mindstorms site.
They're a hoot!