 Robotics / Handy Board / 6988
Re: Not necessarily the handyboard....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Dave Nagel writes:
I have an old 486 laptop and a few motors and sensors lying around...Does
anyone know of a DSP board or some other device I could use to interface the
motors and sensors to the laptop for real- time data aquistion? (I already
have my handyboard performing some of the same functions on a similar project,
but I'd like to put the dusty laptop to some use).
Thanks.

<blatant self-promotion>
I work for ComputerBoards, Inc., a company that makes high quality yet
inexpensive expansion cards for Intel platforms.  We have just about anything
you could need for analog or digital I/O, serial communications, GPIB, and a
variety of other related products.  We cover ISA, PCI, PCMCIA, and a host of
other busses.

Check out our full product line at:

   http://www.computerboards.com

I apologize for pimping my company's wares on this forum, but I truly believe
that if you look around, you'll decide to buy from us.  Our products are better
and cheaper than anyone else's, and we've got the best warranties in the
business.

But I encourage you to decide for yourself.  Our main competitors are companies
like National Instruments, Data Translation, and Keithley Metrabyte.  If you
can find a better product for less from any source, I'd like to hear from you.

Good luck with your project!

Chris Phillips
ComputerBoards, Inc.
chris.phillips@computerboards.com