 Robotics / Handy Board / 6990
Re: Not necessarily the handyboard....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 01:53:21 GMT

Chris Phillips wrote:
I apologize for pimping my company's wares on this forum, but I truly believe
that if you look around, you'll decide to buy from us.  Our products are better
and cheaper than anyone else's, and we've got the best warranties in the
business.

Of course, if you *really* felt that bad about "pimping," you could've
sent that privately and not to the whole list...wink, wink :-) I saw the
price of your boards. One word: HOBBIEST

I say to heck with the expense of boards, nearly anything you want done
you can do straight through your parallel and serial ports, using a bit
of cheap solder.. the time spent is really spent learning more about
componants and electronics... after all, that's what we're all doing
this for right?

Go to the library, or the book store, and get "Programming the Parallel
Port" by D. Gadre, or any other of the books on this subject (I'm *sure*
O'Reilly's got something). Before you know it you'll have the same
sensors and things you use now stuck in a breadboard and wired to your
box.

Just a hint for you: Use isolating circuits if you're going to do
anything crazy... not that I would know what happens if you don't :-)
Jonathan Pennington | -Wannabe Geologist/Anthropologist
Charleston, SC | -Linux User and Advocate
Email at jwp(at)awod.com | 83 V45 Magna "The Lighter Side"
root@localhost (Spambot food) | 71 Triumph TR6C "Money Pit"