 Robotics / Handy Board / 6991
6990  |  6992
Subject:
speech recognition with hb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 01:56:30 GMT

We are attempting to incorperate a speech recognition
board with the hb.  We have the hb controlling an rc
car.  We also have the speech reconition board
controlling the hb.  Here is the problem, the
microphone for the speech recognition kit is on the
car (ie near the car motor) and the car motor noise is
interfereing with the speech reconition board.  When
we give the forward command the car moves forward.
But, the motor noise is read by the speech recognition
board and gives an error signal output to the hb.
This stops the car instead of what it should be doing
(going forward).  We want to change the on board mic
to a wireless mic, thus bringing the mic away from the
car and the motor.  Does anybody know of or worked
with such a kit??

Mike