 Star Wars / 4261
Re: I admit it, I actually sorta like it! (was: Re: A New Hope (for the MF))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:20:06 GMT

Sure, sure, I may be the ONLY ONE, but with a little saucer decoration and in
varied shades of grey/white, it might actually be decent.  I believe the • cockpit is
a new piece, and will probably look like that--my only big gripe--so that you • can
fit four minifigs in it, but I'm looking forward to having undecorated or
slightly-decorated large saucer sections and the round underside-hulls that • are
almost certain to accompany it.  I'm going to withhold my final analysis, but • so
far, I'm happier with it than I thought I'd be.  Remember how lousy we all • assumed
the X-Wing would be, and it ended up being better than we'd expected?  As far • as
playset-nature, I'd look for a Kenner-like central room

Maybe my faith is a bit old-fashioned, but I think the MF prototype isn't • bad,
compressed to short'n'fat though it is.  I'll be happy to have it, if only • for
parts.

LFB.
A resounding ME TOO! I think with a few details it'll be pretty cool.

Chris

Well, I've been waiting close to 20 years for this puppy, and I am not in the
LEAST bit disappointed, even with the fairly crummy photo we've seen.  I've
been using an old Kenner Falcon, retro-fitted with plates on the interior
floor and ramp, and lego seats in the cockpit (which holds 4 minifigs, btw)  I
know this is sure to get groans from all of you talented custom-builders out
there, but the Kenner toy is the right size for lego, and has given me
countless hours of satisfied playtime over the years.  As much as I love the
ol' gal, I can't wait to retire her next July for this baby!

Kevin