 Star Wars / 4265
Re: Saucers *could* be okay...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:31:56 GMT

Those saucers scare the bejubies out of me.  One thing we don't know
is if they have detailed any of the interior or if it is just the cockpit.
Does the model double as a playset?  I guess we don't know yet.  If it doesn't
I would be sceptical as to its part selection being that good except for the
fact that there seems to be alot of gray.

Im not afraid of the saucers at all, especially if it has
bottom versions of them... I would love to find ways
to use them in my ships, but so far the saucers from UFO
were terribly colored and hideously decaled.  The Falcon's
saucers would at least have standard "StarWars Greebly"
detail on them and that would good for a lot of designs.

I would imagine the interior will have some details...
I expect at least one major "room" to place figs in.

here are the questions that I wonder about:

Landing gear? I bet it will just have some larger version
of what we have seen in the other sets.  This is a small
detail, but I would be super impressed if they were to
actually equip it with landing gear.  That was one of the
harder to solve problems when I built my Falcon.  The weight
was so great that I had to use an elaborate technic set-up
to make the gear lock in both modes.

The gunner stations?  at the scale they show the falcon,
I have no idea how they are going to do those.  it almost
looks like the center disc lifts out... which would make
positioning Luke and Han in the gunner seats far more
feasible.

The engine exhaust port?  The rear face of the engine
is shown as glowing blue... I am very interested to see
what they have decided to put back there.  Here;s hoping
for lots of clear elements!  those never hurt to include
in a set.

I could go on and on... but I won't.
anyone else have ponderings about the official Falcon?

Joel Kuester