 Star Wars / 4250
Re: A New Hope (for the MF)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:10:42 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten writes:
Let's face the facts.  We are going to be quite disappointed with next year's
Millenium Falcon set.  They really seem to have gone for the minimum possible
set that could still resemble the MF.  With the use of the saucers, we can't
even say it will be a particularly good set for parts.

I agree.  Those saucers scare the bejubies out of me.  One thing we don't know
is if they have detailed any of the interior or if it is just the cockpit.
Does the model double as a playset?  I guess we don't know yet.  If it doesn't
I would be sceptical as to its part selection being that good except for the
fact that there seems to be alot of gray.

If they detail the interior however there may be several quality parts in this
set that can be used in other scenarios.

However, the introduction of the X-Wing Model Team set (even if they call it
Technic, it's Model Team) gives me the hope that TLG will one day release a
Model Team version of the Millenium Falcon.  This may be the best of both
worlds:  a dumbed down MF suitable for my kids to play with, and a much
prettier version for me to build and display (well, OK, for _me_ to play
with.)

The Model Team/ Limited Edition/ Technic sets do look sweet but with there size
I am guessing that these are going to be expensive sets probably around the 70
to 80 dollar mark.  If thats true I have a feeling that the Falcon may not be
considered viable for this type of set unless it truely is a Limited Edition
and only a few 100 to a 1000 are made.

I am still waiting on those Storm Troopers.  Who was the Underdog in this crazy
story anyway.  By the looks of the set selection so far I think the Rebels
should have had a much easier time defeating the Empire than they did.

Eric "But thats a whole nother year..." Kingsley

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/