 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 148
Re: Double echo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:16:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
Yup. Dave tells me he is working on integrating the speedier loader into
NQC or even making standalone loaders by themselves...

Standalone loader would be nice.

Sergey, which features do you REALLY want/need for the next release.

I'm doing the following...

1. ECHO_ON/ECHO_OFF and fix ACCEPT

Well, the most important, of course, is the stack bug.
BTW, what about multitasker?
How many cells would you recommend to allocate?
Should be it checked by HAT word or not?

2. Fix stack location

Sure, I would like to have no-echo mode too.

3. Splash screen to say the RCX is running pbForth (suggestions?)

Do you mean RCX LCD indication or splash screen for console?
(or maybe design of pbForth logo? ;)

The reasonable interface with RCX is quite important. Especially for a new
users. First time I tried pbForth, I was not sure if it even works.
Now I don't know if RCX in On or in Off state...
So at least kind of "alive" indication would be nice to have.

For myself I've considered two alternatives - showing all zeroes on LCD or
display that standing man figure. In fact, it depends from how complex your
extension will be. For instance, standing figure could indicate interactive
mode, and running figure - execution mode.
Anyway I prefer to be close to LEGO style.

Sergey