 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 149
RE: Double echo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 01:40:10 GMT

Well, the most important, of course, is the stack bug.
BTW, what about multitasker?
How many cells would you recommend to allocate?
Should be it checked by HAT word or not?

Yes, it should. The issue is that you never really know if
the stack will blast through the 256 byte boundary, unless HAT
checks it.

You generally allocate small stacks, so HAT could be modified to
FORCE the data stack to start at the boundary if allocating it
makes it across the 256 byte boundary...

3. Splash screen to say the RCX is running pbForth (suggestions?)

Do you mean RCX LCD indication or splash screen for console?
(or maybe design of pbForth logo? ;)

If you want to design a logo, great! I really mean the LCD.

What about "4th" and standing man?

The reasonable interface with RCX is quite important. Especially for a new
users. First time I tried pbForth, I was not sure if it even works.
Now I don't know if RCX in On or in Off state...
So at least kind of "alive" indication would be nice to have.

Yes, a heartbeat or something that toggled when accepting characters
might be cool. I designed it so that users could add these things later.

Something I wanted was to make a "vector" array that you can use
to select one of 10 programs with the "PGM" key and then RUN them...

For myself I've considered two alternatives - showing all zeroes on LCD or
display that standing man figure. In fact, it depends from how complex your
extension will be. For instance, standing figure could indicate interactive
mode, and running figure - execution mode.
Anyway I prefer to be close to LEGO style.

Great ideas, lets get going!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>