 Marketplace / Shopping / 1030
Re: Your McDonalds sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:46:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, thou, Maggie Cambron  (mcambron@pacbell.net), hast wrytted...
How many sets are there (including the DUPLO one)?  When does it • start?  I'd be
willing to give getting a whole set of them a go.  I love a challenge.

eric

There are 8 Lego and 1 Duplo.  To see a list of what they are refer to
Larry P.'s
email from yesterday.  To see pictures of the Lego ones see the order
form in the
S@H Fall catalog.  It starts this coming Friday.  I would offer to get
people some,
but I am still recovering from the last Beanie Baby promotion.

Maggie Cambron

Heh I wonder if Legophiles will flock to McDonalds like the Beanie Baby
lovers.  Funny story from my housemate:

He was helping his sister move into a new place and offered to go get lunch
for all those helping her move.  He walked to a McDonalds that he saw nearby
when driving to her new place.  When he got there the place was literally
packed with people.  Although they didn't seem to really be eating.  They
were mostly standing around or waiting in very long lines for food.  Rather
like a convention.  He noticed that most the people in the place were also
women.  A little confused, he asked someone what was going on while he was
waiting in line for food.  Well, donchya just know!  It's the last McDonalds
in the whole state of California that has Teeny Beanie Babies still
available.  The gosh darn silly thing about it though is that you can only
buy 2 Teeny Beanies per order.  So women would wait in these long lines buy
their happy meal or whatever, get 2 Beanie Babies, dump their food and get
back in line.  My housemate was like "well, y'know I don't want any Beanie
Babies, would any of you like me to get 2 for you."  He got very popular.
It ended up that he went through the line a couple times for a few women,
they ended up giving him the food they ordered while he handed over the
Beanie Babies.  He didn't end up paying for any of the food.  He even got a
ride home from one of the Beanie-crazies.  I think they ended up throwing
out 20 cheeseburgers a few days later.

Micah
--
perl -e's;^;nsiC%by:n19%o>o2z4on19%`"t2z`fn3o.%.2o.z.2o.g4og.5o.g.4o.4%;;\
s;$;f%.2o.n`fP"Y2>bP"Y2>bz`fzd2>t%`"Y>%`Pz)2>bgfP"Y2>bn%p#f8%.oP"#n%p#p;;\