  *67881 (-100)
  Re: Microfig-scale BattleMech

(...) It doesn't even have knees. KNEES! I FORGOT THE KNEES! ARRRRGGGGH! :-, Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  LTC national convention

We should have an LTC national convention next summer. We could even hold the 2000 foot LEGO track record from Geniuses Book of Records, certainly all the LTC's could muster the track. This could be the highlight of the convention. It would pull in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages

I've noticed a bump in my site too, since yesterday. Not as dramatic, but still significant. In particular I had 1277 uniqe ip's yesterday versus around 800 average. Also the number of static pages jumped to 13,561 versus the recent average of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Microfig-scale BattleMech

Sproat, Nice mech! I like these that you've been doing lately. Heh, create a POV scene with a couple of lances advancing on the goodg- er, the enemy. 8) Um, not to be *to* picky, but the MadCat is a chicken-walker. The knees should go the other way. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  SW Keycahins (was LEGO Club memebership (was: Bluewater offers))

Darth Vader was the first one, then came Luke in his orange flight suit. Darth Maul makes it three so far... Jon. Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:FK9q7o.DD1@lugnet.com... (...) each (...) news:FK7Lsr.G4@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: Double echo

(...) Yup. Dave tells me he is working on integrating the speedier loader into NQC or even making standalone loaders by themselves... Sergey, which features do you REALLY want/need for the next release. I'm doing the following... 1. ECHO_ON/ECHO_OFF (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: NZ spares stock buyout? (was Some disturbing news

(...) Ditto. James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why basic bricks are cheap in US (was Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

(...) <bad cheese joke> Produced in Swiss? That explains why they're full of holes. (rim shot) </bad cheese joke> LFB. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  4x2ReVu: 5958 Mummy's Tomb

It sits at the very entrance to the Corridor of Kings, an almost nondescript tomb to a slave priest. Where other slaves were cast aside, this one was lifted to a high and prominent office for his cunning and ruthless powers. Now placed as sentinel (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Personal Projects

(...) the (...) still (...) Impressive...most impressive. Indeed you are a jedi. Your site blew me away. Could I link your site to another? Christian Lindblad's Adventurer site has links to impressive structures such as yours and I think it would be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: I admit it, I actually sorta like it! (was: Re: A New Hope (for the MF))

(...) year's (...) possible (...) can't (...) know (...) doesn't (...) this (...) colour (...) cockpit is (...) can (...) are (...) so (...) assumed (...) as (...) A resounding ME TOO! I think with a few details it'll be pretty cool. Chris (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is this true???

(...) I've got a full UK service catalogue from earlier this year, and it doesn't have the 62 brick packs (or plate packs, for that matter; except in white) but it does have Belville and Scala, so that seems right. [1] (...) What are the current US (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Chaining multiple RCX's output to input

(...) Pop a 10K ohm resistor in series with the motor. On my quick test with a variable resistor I got a value of 513 with the resistor at 9.7k. With a 10k resistor, the RCX raw value is now flickering between 510 and 511. P.S. same with the older (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) I'll see to it. --Todd (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  I admit it, I actually sorta like it! (was: Re: A New Hope (for the MF))

(...) Okay, here goes <donning flame-retardant suit>: I like the MF prototype as seen in that picture (knowing that part of the colour separation is missing). Sure, sure, I may be the ONLY ONE, but with a little saucer decoration and in varied (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) I think major areas of education will [have to] end up going through the same push->pull revolution that traditional media have begun to go through in recent years. Pushing television shows, commercials, movies -- and especially news -- in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Model of the Month

(...) Yeeouch! Talk about stiff competition for A-Wing! Look at that Statue of Isis! Amazing! I guess I won't be winning this month, especially when there are so many better models to choose from! I'm also gonna have a hard time voting! Pardon me (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

(...) We don't have TRU in my neck-of-the-woods, but from what I've read on Lugnet, it sounds like a terrific place to buy Legos. Thanks for the tip on the TRU at Wyoming Valley Mall. I'll be all over that next time I go to the WB. Fellow Texans: (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: controlling RCX from PC?!

(...) thanks matthew and arjen! that's exactly what i am going to do. what i did not realize at first is that 2400 baud actually *is* way too slow, as 2400 bits/s is only 240 bytes per second. a message has a length of around 10 bytes (depending on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  What do you do with your lego?

(...) Well, I know some people that could be described as inanimate objects. BOOM BOOM! -- Liam. (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) Why spend money on a laser, that should have a focused beam, when all you're going to do basically, is turn it into a flashlight? (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

(...) have (...) Boulder (...) thanks! I'll check some of those places out. i hate to offend any natives here, but the whole town reminds me of a suburb that doesn't have a city to belong to. I did find both TRUs, and I bought the big Space Shuttle (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  stalled motor detection

Hi all, I'm working on a dead reckoning 'bot. I'm not really interested in what the wheels are doing unless they're stalled. Anyone know any good tricks for monitoring the motor current, or should I go with shaft encoders anyway? Thanks! Paul (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

You can also take the "lens" out of the front of a good laser pointer and it does the same thing. KL (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Castle site

I am insanly jealous of anyone who can accomplish such a feat. I lack the vision and being in the service the space to set about such a project...BRAVO. I have many sets and many figures, but my castles are right out of the box. One day, my boys (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have lots of relatives in WB. I remember when I was a kid visiting those relatives, one of my favorite things to do was to go down to the "Corner Toy Store" (?) on Market Street to look at Lego. It's long gone however. At least there is a TRU up (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

(...) Chris: I'm sorry that I'm going to miss you . . . but I'm not in WB right now. I have family in WB, so I often go on vacation there, and I thought that I'd try to make some contacts and future friends in that area. When I was there last summer (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Dutch Shell Promo Sets

I've just got back from Germany, where I was indulging another of my hobbies (boardgames). Anyway, our route took us through Holland, and of course the car needed topping up with petrol, and of course one thing lead to another ... I came back with (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages

(...) I'll say -- wow! -- 500+ MB/day of outgoing HTTP traffic just from these images alone -- that's popular! (...) What does the number there to the left of the client/hostname mean? Is that the number of page views for that client, or the number (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  4x2ReVu: 6042 Dungeon Hunters

The Vorgem Marshes have swallowed yet another group of victims! This time a small wagon carrying farm workers was found run off the county roadway, axle deep in the smelly swampland with nary a sole in sight. Clearly the Gobragee Beast still lives (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: IntelliMouse Ripe for Hacking

Through the PS/2 adapter it doesn't require any special driver. The native USB plug requires a driver in Windows 98. Cheers, Jim Andy Gombos <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:3816307E.540F5E...nfi.net... (...) to the (...) it cannot (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: McDonalds Info

(...) It could certainly be the new blue-purple color -- the one that shows up in the new DUPLO Dinosaurs sets. It's not purple, and it's not blue, but it's in-between. It's a *gorgeous* color and it does look great with yellow or orange. What's got (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Microfig-scale heavy melee mech (Was: Microfig-scale heavy worker mech)

(...) Thanks, man! :-, (...) Yah, well, um, you know, *coughs shrugs* I'll get to it...eventually? ;-) Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: One more time: The 2000 A-Wing is not too small

(...) No, the X-Wing is 12.5 meters long. This is straight from www.starwars.com. You can double check for yourself if you like. Jeff "I've had enough. I will not allow this! I will pay you back; because forgiveness, for one like you, could never be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Microfig-scale BattleMech  [DAT]

Hey folks, Well, I caved in and built the ubiquitous BattleMech -- I think it's patterned after a Madcat, but I'm not sure... If anyone wants to come up with the BattleTech rules (1) for this scale (2), I'll build some more models. Maybe some Lego (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Entertainer Offers

I havent checked this out personally yet, but my wife came back from Camberley saying that the Entertainer had a window display of discounted lego. She even noted down a few numbers and prices (wasnt that nice of her) 6097 - night lords castle £30 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 A-Wing comments

(...) about (...) because (...) Here is Ben Fleskes' original message about the relative sizes of the X-Wing and the Y-Wing: < (URL) > In brief, the average ratio comes to 2.854 studs/meters. TLG's A-Wing is 21 studs long, making the Ratio for it (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Personal Projects

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:37:25 GMT, Mark Lindsey uttered the following profundities... (...) pyramids and parthenon (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies

(...) If anyone knows please post it. Lucasfilm has a site up advertising these along with a 12 volume Young Indiana Jones movie set and they don't even bother to list the price or how to order them. Commercials for these aired last night, but again (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) Hmm, I don't think that's quite true. You can equip the robots with rotation sensors, and have them programmed such that they will send the values of their respective rotation sensors every so often. They can either send them to one another (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sonar Sensor

Danny, The Polaroid 6500 is very common, and if you have the expansion board on your HB you have a built in connection. There are drivers on the MIT HandyBoard site. The units are available from Acroname and they also have a good fact sheet. (2 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) I must heartily agree with Joseph on this one. Craig is the minifig master! Keep those ideas for adventurers coming in. The cast of characters is so stale any breath of fresh air is welcome. Thanks again, Mark L (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Desperation sets in!!

(...) <LOL> perhaps the ABS melded (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  One more time: The 2000 A-Wing is not too small

:) Alright, I'm going to say it again, for the benifit of everyone just joining in. The new official LEGO 2000 Star Wars A-Wing ((URL) ,set 7134) is NOT to small. It is in the correct scale when compared to the X-Wing, comming in at 2.2 studs/meter (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Trade Maersk light blue bricks for...

To complete a project I am after 4 RED plane windows. These are 2x1x2 high and can be with or without glass. The windows I want appear in white on the truck as the sleeper cab windows. I will trade all the light blue bricks from a 1831 as listed (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Some interesting Stats on Mindfest photo pages

(...) I think I'm the only AFOL on paradise.net.nz so what does the 820 mean? Allan (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sonar Sensor

(...) Yep, I've checked out about every page I've seen on this. I just haven't had the time to do it yet. :| As soon as our competition is over and classes settle down (maybe in 3 years :()) I will get a chance to experiment with it. When will you (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Any interest in Imperial Outpost 6263 ?

(...) I am definitely interested! Please, please, please let me know if you can do this. I would be forever grateful. What kind of time frame are we talking about for this? Thanks so much, Mark L (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Less than 3 hours left - 30 lots of misc parts and bricks on Ebay

Hello, I currently have over 30 lots of misc parts and bricks on Ebay - ending between 2pm and 4 pm PDT. Some are still with no bids or run at opening price. Click here to see the details for items listed below: (URL) LEGO Tow Cranes with hooks 20 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) It would be. But it's really tough -- not only can they not see where the light sensor is, they totally have no idea where the other robot is. It's like they're blindfolded and deaf. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NZ spares stock buyout? (was Some disturbing news

(...) It is probably too late now (but I shall check today). The Service Packs were made available to retailers at 50% off. There was limited stock and not all packs were available. My $500 order made a serious dent in the stock available (and in my (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Any interest in Imperial Outpost 6263 ?

I may have located a small quantity of 6263 Imperial Outpost. I have not actually seen them (yet), but I'm told they are there. How many people would be interested in this item at about $30 (+/- $1) + shipping ? If you have interest, please email (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.0a multi-threading problem

(...) I'd say this is the way to leave it, since it seems to be how you meant it in the first place. It's just very annoying to take out the batteries if ON/OFF is pressed by mistake while something is running. (...) Don't know, I've never used (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego in the Onion!

(...) When I was a kid, about the only person who ever stepped on pieces was me, so the only ultimatums I got was from my remaining unbroken signs. A disgruntled Stop sign is an ugly thing. :) Jeff "It was dark out! For all I knew, it could've been (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review

I just bought this set too. It is very cool. However, I didn't buy it for it's own sake, I wanted the ball joint and the steering parts(as you mention). I liked the fact that mine came with four rubber bands and the model only uses two. I took one (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

(...) in (...) James, How funny! I am actually based in Cincinnati, but my company has me here in Scranton for six weeks (three to go). I'm staying at the Inn at Nichols Village in Clarks Summit, working at MetLife up here. What a coincidence! Chris (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: LEGO Club memebership (was: Bluewater offers)

Yesterday at LLW (my first visit!) I picked up keyrings of: Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) Darth Vader Darth Maul The Skywalker one was 2.50, the other two were 2.99. This is evidently more expensive than getting them via the club, although if you (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Greetings to all AFOLers in Wilkes-Barre! I'm not from PA, but visit WB occasionally (well, ok. . . maybe once a year), and really like the city/region, and I thought it might be fun to hook up with some fellow Lego fans when I'm in town. Interested (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  scanner truck

Zoals wellicht al het vermoeden bij diverse personen was, de scannertruck staat volgende jaar niet mee op het programma van lego. Ook is deze set bij LEGO Benelux op dit moment al uitverkocht. Dus voor diegenen die er nog een willen hebben ga ernaar (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Chaining multiple RCX's output to input

(...) SNIP (...) One could use four diodes (as a bridge rectifier) between the motor and the input port, and achieve tachometer functionality in both directions, though without direction sense, methinks... Regards, Issac. [Dexter] (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sonar Sensor

Try the Polaroid sonar sensors available from (URL) HB site has the info on how to hook it up to the Handy Board including the IC drivers. The Polaroid sonar works very well! Good luck, kam (...) ===...=== Kam Leang University of Utah Department of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) This is what I couldn't believe especially how they got thrown around on Friday Night. I was fully expecting to be 2 or 3 short but I wasn't and I was very happy. Plus with all the Jumbling that went on I was glad Dave suggested the paper in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

In lugnet.adventurers, Craig Hamilton writes:> (...) I was wanting a sculpted skirt. Which brings up the question, did any lego set EVER have and accessory that fit between the torso and legs pieces? Just wondering. (...) Great ideas for the hair. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: NZ spares stock buyout? (was Some disturbing news

(...) from New (...) there mind (...) be (...) Ha!! Good luck with that!! The folks down under will probably keep it to themselves like last time. Not that they're wrong to do so. I'm not holding my breath. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) Wow! Let me know how that canvas printing works out for you. If all is successful you should think about offering the service or product up for sale here. You could probably recoup most of your costs, and I know that a lot of people would be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  legOS limitation

Hey, this is a small but frustrating one. This is in legOS 1.7 but I beleive it will still be in 2.0 as it's caused by the 1 priority to a task requirement. If you write code like the following: while(1){ wait(for something); kill(t1); t1 = (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NZ spares stock buyout? (was Some disturbing news

(...) And around we go again. If THIS is true we need to mount an effort to buy these. Now, the last time this was talked of, there were some hard feelings engendered. SO I will just say that I am willing to participate if NZ fans can't finance the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) I am told that they can be ordered through toys-r-us, but I have not contacted anyone in particular. But there are atleast 6 TRU's within 30 minutes of here, so I am sure that one of them will be able to handle it. If not, i'll spread it out. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Some disturbing news

So.. I called CA and asked them, the operator said she did not know anything and was not aware of any announcement. She also said if they are going to be discountinued it will be announced in January. - I need to do other things on my lunch break (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) One more consenting opinion heard from: Almost all of the kids were absolutely amazing. Personally, more than anything, I lived in a perpetual state of panic because I've been indoctrinated to think that kids are going to prod, push, pull, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Does anyone own the 6901 Mobile Lab?

Yeah, I thought it would be very fun to play with, the astronauts could leave their base early in the morning, driving off in their little laboratory. I think that the design is cool. It is just a box put on wheels, and that is what makes it so (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Sam's Club Throwbots

I was in Sam's Club today, and I saw a one box set of all the Throwbots for 34.99. I forgot how much they usually are, but it is nice to see them all in one place. It did not have a number or anything, which is surprising. Scott S. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some disturbing news

While just placing my weekly order from S&H I asked the very kind operator there if parts packs were history. She wasn't sure so she asked her coworkers and none of them have heard the rumour either. So the current answer from S@h is no, part's (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) of a (...) Well, some of the cheaper laser pointers do this automatic. The produce a big spot of light when held not too far away from a wall. --Tobias (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

I saw a recent announcement that the Indiana Jones trilogy is being release in a digitally remastered box set. Don't know the cost though. -Rob. Mark Lindsey <markwars@fcmail.com> wrote in message news:FJypK9.H0p@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

I got this awesome idea: Have you heard of Laserdome? You run around in a dark room and shoot at othe rpeople with lasers. When you get hit, a computer registers it and blah blah. How about building two robots, equip them with a light sensor and a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Mindfest Panel: Robotics in the Classroom

My talk (slides and text... no video yet) for the Robotics in the Classroom panel at Minfest this past weekend is at (URL) anyone is interested. -Ben (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) --snipped description-- (...) EXCELLENT! what a cool idea to have a female villainess (and a clever name to boot). i might try something similar. you d' minifig man, craig! ..joseph g (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

I checked with McD's this morning (which happens to be in the back of the WM supercenter). They told me that the 'Lego toys' are coming in tonight (Wednesday) and would be available tomorrow (Thrusday). I may make another trip down there tomorrow (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  ROBOLAB 2.0 availability

I just want to apologize to the people who saw ROBOLAB 2.0 on my laptop at Mindfest and then immediately called PITSCO and tried to order it. I tried to tell everyone I spoke to at Mindfest that it wouldn't be available "for a couple of months"... (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Utah Legomaniacs group name voting

(...) I vote for WAFOL (Wasatch Area Fans of Lego) ..joseph g (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc)

  adventurers villainess

hi, y'all~ i just wanted to share a recipe for a cool adventurer character that serves well as sam sinister's girlfriend and a great nemesis for gail storm. a sam sinister body, (or if you're into painted modifications, a black torso w/ yellow (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Wieviel DM kostet zug-set 4560 in Deutschland

Tag, Ich wurde gern mal Deutschland besuchen um der zug-set 4560 zu kaufen. Kan bitte einer ihr mich mitteilen wieviel DM das mir kostet ? Ich meine der set ohne rafo und cotrolgerat. Mit freundlichem Gruss, Manfred Moolhuysen. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Lego Music Center -- Followup

(...) Actually, that's the part I'm most proud of-- It's just about in minifig scale (a tad bigger) and it features pedals, an opening lid, and the bar to hold it open. It's also got the assembly at the bottom that pianos are rolled around on, and a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 4560 train set.

Hello all, Is there anyone who can tell me what I have to pay in DM for a 4560 train set (the one without a controller) when I buy this set in Germany ? Greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) Do you have a source for the 1000 buckets? Honestly curious... James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Roarke's Drift (Zulu)

(...) well, the islanders are all already wearing painted on grass skirts, n'est ce pas? ~ what do you mean? for zulu women head/ hairpieces, id suggest the white wild west bandanna (or blue from the new adv. line) turned upside down on top of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  New Update: status advancing

Christopher's LEGO parts auction V: I have taken bits and pieces from my previous auctions and the ones that I participate in as a buyer for this format. 19 Sept 99: I was asked about precedence when bids are for the same amount and whether the top (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) Castle - that's about the only line with shields, and it has a large number of ugly shield and torso designs (IMHO). Most everything else is adequate to my current needs. I also have some canvas designed for inkjet printers that I hope to make (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.0a multi-threading problem

(...) If ON/OFF is desired while programs run, just drop the if. If ON/OFF isn't to work while programs run, it has to be this: if(nb_tasks<=3) { killall(PRIO_HIGHEST); return 0; // killall doesn't kill self } break; What does standard firmware do? (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Whither Terry Keller?

(...) Well, this is (relatively) good news! I was afraid something bad had happened to him, but it appears that he's okay. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.people)

  Utah Legomaniacs group name voting

Hey Utah Legomaniacs, Let's cast a vote! The following names were nominated and seconded: NUTLUG (Northern Utah Lego Users Group) WAFOL (Wasatch Area Fans of Lego) NUTLUG (Northern Utah Lego Users Group) I suggest voting end by Thursday night. I'll (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc)

  Re: Lego Music Center -- Followup

(...) way. -Laura (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Interests in non-GNU C compiler for RIS?

Hello Luis, thanks for respomding (and thanks to others who have email me privately...) (...) We got into the business selling REXIS (REal eXecutive for Intelligent Systems) but stop after a couple years since the support cost is too high :-( I may (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Sonar Sensor

I'm designing a robot detection/obstacle avoidance system. And I want to install some Sonar sensor. I'm wondering if anyone would know of any good sonar sensor that can easily be used with the HB and that give good results? Any info on this would be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Holiday Catalog-2000 Adventurers

Hello out there! I am collector across the Atlantic from you that needs some assistance. I have heard rumblings that the UK 1999 Holiday Catalog has pictures of the 2000 Adventurers minifigs. Is this true? If so what is pictured? What is mentioned? (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Lego Music Center -- Followup

(...) the (...) the (...) up as well especially seeing that it might be commisioned. I think it sucks that TLG would not donate the bricks. I thought they did for artistic endevors such as this. If they wouldn't donate here I would like to see what (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Minifig Modification

(...) and (...) my (...) Hey Bruce, What themes are you thinking of doing stickers for? I know I'd love to have some for Adventurers, Pirates, Islanders, and even Town sets. One I'd really like is a mummy print (you know a bunch of yellowed rags (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.0a multi-threading problem

(...) Following up to myself, but here's the error (kernel/program/.c) lines 255-260: case KEY_ONOFF: // works only if no programs are running. if(nb_tasks<=3) { killall(PRIO_HIGHEST); } return 0; ^^^^ This should be 'break'. The way the code is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  IR questinos and more

Hi All. I'm trying to build an IR proximity sensor with LegOS, by using the on-board transmitter and light sensor. I'm having problems figuring out how to send data, however. I tried using lnp_logical_write(), but 'cu -l /dev/ttyS0' doesn't show any (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Skipped 5 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact