 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Philadelphia / Scranton/Wilkes-Barre / 6
Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:16:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb, Christopher Lannan writes:

    How funny! I am actually based in Cincinnati, but my company has me here
in Scranton for six weeks (three to go). I'm staying at the Inn at Nichols
Village in Clarks Summit, working at MetLife up here. What a coincidence!

Chris

Chris:

I'm sorry that I'm going to miss you . . . but I'm not in WB right now.  I have
family in WB, so I often go on vacation there, and I thought that I'd try to
make some contacts and future friends in that area.  When I was there last
summer I did a lot of exploring, and I came up with some interesting places to
visit (in case you have time/don't know about them):

Rickett's Glen State Park - 30 miles west of WB - I didn't go all the way to
the
top, but I understand that this trail has about 2 dozen waterfalls.

Hickory Run State Park - about 20 miles southeast of WB - check out the Boulder
Field.

Jim Thorpe, PA - 30 miles southeast of WB - Hiking and biking along the Lehigh
River Gorge (Is it too cold for that now?)

Deleware Water Gap - A state park along the NJ/PA border - the gorge that the
river passes through is beautiful. (From Scranton, just take 380 east to 80
east
- about an hour drive.)

I'm not more than passing-familiar with Scranton, but I know that the
countryside north of there is spectacular.

I hope that you have a good business trip!