 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Philadelphia / Scranton/Wilkes-Barre / 8
Re: AFOL's in Wilkes-Barre, PA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:23:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb, Christopher Lannan writes:

Chris:

I'm sorry that I'm going to miss you . . . but I'm not in WB right now.  I • have
family in WB, so I often go on vacation there, and I thought that I'd try to
make some contacts and future friends in that area.  When I was there last
summer I did a lot of exploring, and I came up with some interesting places to
visit (in case you have time/don't know about them):

Rickett's Glen State Park - 30 miles west of WB - I didn't go all the way to
the
top, but I understand that this trail has about 2 dozen waterfalls.

Hickory Run State Park - about 20 miles southeast of WB - check out the • Boulder
Field.

Jim Thorpe, PA - 30 miles southeast of WB - Hiking and biking along the Lehigh
River Gorge (Is it too cold for that now?)

Deleware Water Gap - A state park along the NJ/PA border - the gorge that the
river passes through is beautiful. (From Scranton, just take 380 east to 80
east
- about an hour drive.)

I'm not more than passing-familiar with Scranton, but I know that the
countryside north of there is spectacular.

I hope that you have a good business trip!
thanks! I'll check some of those places out. i hate to offend any natives
here, but the whole town reminds me of a suburb that doesn't have a city to
belong to. I did find both TRUs, and I bought the big Space Shuttle technic
set from a few years ago at one of them for $32!! The box was crunched and cut
up and hiding on top of the shelf, but complete inside. There was about 5
generations of price tags going up to $149.99. is this the original price,
does anyone know?

Chris