 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 416
Re: LegOS 0.2.0a multi-threading problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:41:29 GMT

Modemch <modemch@eventsdigital.com> writes:

"Markus L. Noga" <markus@noga.de> writes:

could you report about the stability of repeated program runs? if this
works fine, I'll change the ON/OFF behaviour to conserve loaded programs
in memory.

That would be nice, actually.  I have only one problem with stability -
every once in a while, the "Run" key stops working, and all the other keys
as well (don't remember exactly, but I think that's how it is).  The
program keeps running however, but the only way to stop it is to remove the
batteries, which is quite annoying.  It's possible that it happens after
ON/OFF is pressed while a program runs, but I'm not sure.

Following up to myself, but here's the error (kernel/program/.c) lines
255-260:

      case KEY_ONOFF:
// works only if no programs are running.
if(nb_tasks<=3) {
    killall(PRIO_HIGHEST);
}
return 0;
^^^^
This should be 'break'.  The way the code is now, pressing on/off
while anything is running exits the key_handler() thread, and of course all
the keys except for "View" stop working.
--
Regards,
Modemch