 Pirates / 536
Re: John E. Doolittle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:38:52 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Tony Priestman wrote
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Lance Scott wrote

Got an Idear for ya, Matey!

Set during the illustrious career of the indomitable J.E. Doolittle, • Capt.,
etc., etc.

With stuff as good as that, you should be settin' up with a nice little
ship of yer own! :-)

Ditto! I love it! Why is there no website, Lance Scott commanding?

I mean, I'm happy to host the story, and eventually put pics to it, and it
fits in perfectly (top marks) but but but, what other ideas might be
swirling around in that creative vortex?

And and and, who was that masked man?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/

Oh, I am soooooo glad you asked ;-) (insert sfx of evil laughter echoing
through a very echo-ey place here)

Capt. Doolittle needs a Nemesis.  A thorn in his side.  How about the Captian
that Waite hires to un-do Dolittle?

Meet Captain Otto von Wurstluk.  (fanfare and appropriately martial music comes
up).  Captain Wurstluk graduated at the top of his class in the Lichtenstein
Naval Academy, spent some time attached to the Tibetan Navy  and is recently
returned from a tour making the Bolivian Navy a force to be reckoned with.
I envision the figure being a bi-plane baron head on an appropriate admiral
body, with the white epaulets.
Actually, Capt. vW is available for Waite to hire because he was the Captain of
the ill-fated Brickish Museum expedition broken up by Our Hero at No Trouble
Atoll.  All right, all right... by Our Hero and his incredibly talented, highly
educated parrot, Impunity.  Will you please remove your beak from my ear?

Unfortunately for Waite, while Capt. vW has impeccable credentials and an
aristocratic bearing, faultless tailoring and an extra-ordinarily impressive
monocle, he hasn't had a lot of real-world experience, mostly book larning as
they say in the hills.  He's got just enough going on to be mildly dangerous
(or mostly harmless) and is good for all kinds of potentially comedic
downfalls.

You know the kind of gags, Doolittle puts one over on him and in the surprise
the monocle comes flying out.  Generally with enough force and rapidity to do
an injury to whatever hapless crewman is unfortunate enough to nearby.

As for the website....I must plead sheer, unadulterated laziness.  Well, that
and not having any decent pirate stuff to tell a story around.  Am trying to
remedy that situation even as we "speak".  There may be another ally for Capt.
J.E. Dolittle waiting to come on-stage.
Well, not exactly laziness, but I maintain the internal website here at work,
and more coding is not my idea of recreation.  When I get the work site
"finished" then we do fun things

"We pillage and plunder and even highjack! Drink up, me hearties! Yo Ho!"
Lance