 Pirates / 324
Subject:
A new pirate ship.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:17:36 GMT

Gentlemen,

With all this Captain John E. Doolittle stuff (and that's not over - go
http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/doo.htm and see where its up to and make
your mark), I find myself hankering for a decent pirate ship.  Not one of
these RR or AF builds - I mean like the Agamemnon
http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/aga.htm only shorter, being built up from a
standard RBR hull. Two gun decks, eight ports a side, plus bow chasers and
aft cabins, probably two square rigged masts

I have massed all the necessary pirate gear (hull, masts, rigging, plates,
banners, cannons etc).

I find myself short in the special blocks department.

2x2x3 (wxdxh) high slopes, 2x2x1 & 1x2x1 inverse slopes, 1x2x3 inverse high
slopes lattice windows (either kind), and those 2x2ish banner thingies used
as gunport shutters - this sort of stuff.  Some I just haven't got, some I
have not got in long enough suits.

Even if I curb my avarice, and go for a Sutherland style vessel, I'll still
need most of these (just not so many high slopes).

Can you suggest some worthy sources?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/

Re: A new pirate ship.
In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Gentlemen,

With all this Captain John E. Doolittle stuff (and that's not over - go
http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/doo.htm and see where its up to and make
your mark), I find myself hankering for a decent pirate ship.  Not one of
these RR or AF builds - I mean like the Agamemnon
http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/aga.htm only shorter, being built up from a
standard RBR hull. Two gun decks, eight ports a side, plus bow chasers and
aft cabins, probably two square rigged masts

A two gun deck pirate ship?  Ah....a Hollywood vessel!  That's just up the
freeway from the lab here in Pasadena.  :-)

I have massed all the necessary pirate gear (hull, masts, rigging, plates,
banners, cannons etc).

I find myself short in the special blocks department.

2x2x3 (wxdxh) high slopes, 2x2x1 & 1x2x1 inverse slopes, 1x2x3 inverse high
slopes lattice windows (either kind), and those 2x2ish banner thingies used
as gunport shutters - this sort of stuff.  Some I just haven't got, some I
have not got in long enough suits.

Even if I curb my avarice, and go for a Sutherland style vessel, I'll still
need most of these (just not so many high slopes).

Can you suggest some worthy sources?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/

Auczilla XI is winding down - the gunport shutters have all sold (I got 6).
Honestly, you can take the ninja banners and Brasso off the designs.  You might
want to check for inverse slopes and windows.

http://www.auczilla.com/lego/xi

Matthew Brown (Canada) has frequent auctions - the last one was fairly huge.

http://users.uniserve.com/~brown2/ma/

Re: A new pirate ship.