 Pirates / 435
Re: John E. Doolittle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:04:11 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote

What could bring him into the same orbit as a slaver? • <<snip>>
It's got everything--morality, secrecy, gallant chases, a pitched sea
battle, a happy ending, *and* a tweak of the nose of an amoral
Establishment.

COOL.  In fact this is SO cool, it probably deserves the two syllable
rating; COOO-WEL.

Agamemnon under Doolittle v a 2 deck slaver!  I wonder whether the Captain
of the Agamemnon might not team up with Doolittle after the capture of the
big ship, to work together to bring the slavers in.  He'd always been keen
to go but his orders specifically prohibited it etc

This is going to require some thought.......

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/
Note the change in URL - Port Block is moving (to new and larger
accommodations)
Do adjust your set.