 Pirates / 331
Re: A new pirate ship.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:00:29 GMT

"the top London commercial firm Waite, Fidget and Doolittle"

hahaha, great stuff.

--

Paul Davidson

Richard Parsons <rparsons@hinet.net.au> wrote in message
Gentlemen,

With all this Captain John E. Doolittle stuff (and that's not over - go
http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/doo.htm and see where its up to and make
your mark), I find myself hankering for a decent pirate ship.  Not one of
these RR or AF builds - I mean like the Agamemnon
http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/aga.htm only shorter, being built up from • a
standard RBR hull. Two gun decks, eight ports a side, plus bow chasers and
aft cabins, probably two square rigged masts

I have massed all the necessary pirate gear (hull, masts, rigging, plates,
banners, cannons etc).

I find myself short in the special blocks department.

2x2x3 (wxdxh) high slopes, 2x2x1 & 1x2x1 inverse slopes, 1x2x3 inverse • high
slopes lattice windows (either kind), and those 2x2ish banner thingies • used
as gunport shutters - this sort of stuff.  Some I just haven't got, some I
have not got in long enough suits.

Even if I curb my avarice, and go for a Sutherland style vessel, I'll • still
need most of these (just not so many high slopes).

Can you suggest some worthy sources?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/