 Pirates / 374
Re: John E. Doolittle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:12:25 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message
news:Fo6HLL.8wK@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.pirates, Tony Priestman writes:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Richard Parsons (<Fo5yxv.3nE@lugnet.com>) wrote at
09:13:50

But what about his adventures on the high seas - is nothing known at • all?
Doesn't anyone know anything about what he got up to?  A newspaper • clipping
from London?  An insurance report?  A sighting at a 7-11 in Roswell?

Report in 'a London newspaper':

DUTCH EAST INDIA COMPANY LOSES FACE

It is reported that a ship of the Dutch East India company was attacked
in the South Pacific, and native artefacts, including one of the head
statues from Easter Island were removed from the vessel.
None of the crew were killed, but all of the armament on the Dutch ship
was spiked.
Reports of a parrot advising on personal injury claims, suggest that the
attack was carried out by John E. Doolittle.
--
Tony Priestman

"What kind of party pirates be ye, ya silly nits?  I TOLD ye to spike the
PUNCH, not the guns!"

An alleged pirate-type but not until ye prove it in court or I'll have a
personal-injury anti-defamation suit slapped on you so fast....

And I think I know a certain parrot who would be willing to advise you on
your case...

Tim