 Pirates / 351
Re: John E. Doolittle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:13:50 GMT

Timothy D. Freshly wrote

I like the idea about an act of mercy pirating being his first.  How about
this: "Upon rescuing the cargo and native islanders from the sinking • vessle,
Capt. Doolittle, still heavily influenced by the customs of his law
practice, retained 40% of the loot as his fee.  Believing this to be fair
compensation for his efforts, Doolittle continued this practice for the
remainder of his pirating days (the other 60% going to various expenses • such
as the Port Block Christmas Party fund and other "political" donations)."

Sounds great to me - I'll add it in the next update :-)

But what about his adventures on the high seas - is nothing known at all?
Doesn't anyone know anything about what he got up to?  A newspaper clipping
from London?  An insurance report?  A sighting at a 7-11 in Roswell?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/
Note the change in URL - Port Block is moving over the next month or so (to
new and larger accommodations)
Do adjust your set.