 Pirates / 413
Re: John E. Doolittle,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:40:35 GMT

Timothy D. Freshly wrote another worthy sub-plot element.

Minor mods makes this

"Aurora gently tells Doolittle of his wife's infidelity.  In the best
traditions of the understanding male, Doolittle repressed his hurt feelings,
saw his wife's issues as she saw them, and understood and accepted her
chosen path.  Being a supportive male, he immediately recognised and
supported her decision by discontinuing his self-imposed support payments."

"When Waite heard about Aurora and Doolittle, he was incensed.  But he was
hopping mad about Doolittle cutting off the support payments to Mrs.
Doolittle.  Not only would Waite have to help Mrs Doolittle in her
vainglorious quest to become the most well-thought-of Lady in all Brikain,
now he'd have to pay for her upkeep as well.  And she needed considerable
upkeeping."

Tim's original called for Waite to be giving marital advice.  Lawyers giving
marital advice.  I just cannot wrap my brain around this concept.  I know a
lot of lawyers who have to _take_ marital advice from time to time, but
giving such advice?  Come now ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/
Note the change in URL - Port Block is moving over the next month or so (to
new and larger accommodations)
Do adjust your set.