 Administrative / General / 6385
Re: Ratings thrown out; changed to Highlighting (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:50:37 GMT

Whoa -- dang -- I didn't realize how easy this would actually be to do when
I wrote that.  Here's something sorta like that (it goes back a maximum of
7 days):

  http://www.lugnet.com/spotlight.cgi

Could you also add a way to limit the groups from which the spotlight pulls
articles?  Also, it's very hard to see how articles have been rated with the
little circles.  I think it would make the highighting much more useful to the
casual reader if it actually highlighted the newsworthy articles.  For example,
the subject field is currently color #E0E0D8, right?  What if highlighted
articles were color #FFFFCC and spotlighted articles were #FFFF99 ?  Wouldn't
that make it easier to find good posts right away?  Or would that throw off the
ratings by making people ignore unrated articles and just increase the ratings
of articles already rated?
--Bram