 Administrative / General / 6154
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:01:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
I just thought of a way to alleviate this problem.
Don't publish the average rating unless there are at least
N values (N =10?).

I think that if N can be defined by the users, this would work well.  I
personally think that if even one person rates a message that some information
is better than none.  However that's just me, and I think that new users would
like to have N a little higher.  If it could be changed much like the
"skip-filter", that would work well.  I like 10 as a default value, but I
personally would change my setting to 1.

Ben Roller