 Administrative / General / 6168
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:05:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Lugnet is Todd's creation, but by his intent, it is also a community
place, and being that, people need to be involved in how it's run. Todd
has set some parameters for how that involvement happens, which is good,
even if they perhaps need refinement. Note also that currently, only
Todd can enforce the T&C, although anyone can make noise about a
perceived offender.

In an ideal world all the groups could self police, and Todd's intervention
would not really be needed.... but then in a ideal world there would never
be any problems.

The problem with LUGNET is that it is the noise makers who shape things to a
certain extent. The average guy/gal who browses the messages and just talks
LEGO has a important opinion, and just because he does not shout about it
does not mean it is not worth listening to.

Scott A