 Administrative / General / 6177
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:35:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
The problem with LUGNET is that it is the noise makers who shape things to a
certain extent. The average guy/gal who browses the messages and just talks
LEGO has a important opinion, and just because he does not shout about it
does not mean it is not worth listening to.

Currently, you're right.  The rating system allows me to rate the "little guys"
with good opinions up and the loud guys just blowing off steam down.  Without
ratings, whoever posts the most often gets seen the most.  With ratings, I
could (eventually) tell the system to only show highly rated articles,
reguardless of who posts them.  Heck, if you wrote your own client, you could
even put your personal bias for or against certain people (For example, if I
value Todd's opinions over yours, in my client Todd gets an automatic +10 and
you get an automatic -10). (1)

Ben Roller

1. I would urge people not to do this.  That's just dumb IMO.