 Administrative / General / 6160
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:11:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Richard Franks wrote:
[snip]
Or to distinguish between real turkeys, and super-posts:
00-15% - black/dark blue
16-29% - blue
30-70% - green
71-84% - red
85-100%- bright red
[snip]

I think it should be the other way around.
Red for low bandwidth, violet for high bandwidth.

Blue and purple/violet are automatically out anyway because of traditional link
colorings.  Green is out because green text looks horrible on white background.
A statistically significant portion of the population is also some form of
colorblind -- and brightnesses of a single color work just as well for relaying
information on a single scale as two colors.  Two colors are most effective
when a two-dimensional scale is needed (not really the case here).

--Todd