 Administrative / General / 6390
Re: Ratings thrown out; changed to Highlighting (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:40:03 GMT

Whoa -- dang -- I didn't realize how easy this would actually be to do when
I wrote that.  Here's something sorta like that (it goes back a maximum of
7 days):

  http://www.lugnet.com/spotlight.cgi

Looks good.

Yes, please.  But I personally would like to see that as possibly an
additional choice and to always have a "standard" daily spotlight.  I know
all I would have to do is innput the right values and I could get it myself,

OK, try that thingie there above -- just click up that URL.  It defaults
(right now) to 1 day and a threshold of 65.  Subject to tweaking later,
naturally.  Ideally the threshold for Spotlight should be 75-ish, but things
need time to adjust.

I agree.  65 works okay for the last day, but 75-ish will be better long-term
when more people are making recommendations.

OK, something for later.  This is just proof-of-concept for now, sorta.
Boy, if this works, this will really save time.

This is a really good idea.  I agree with Bram that when this is up and
running, the user's skip-filter settings could be applied to the results to
help limit what's displayed.  But the settings should also be easily
bypassable so you can pick either one.

John Gramley