 Administrative / General / 6363
Re: Ratings thrown out; changed to Highlighting (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:48:05 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
There are no options to give a message any kind of low score, and in fact the
default choice of "- - -" (empty -- no action) causes an "erase my opinion"

Ah yes, erase. I wasn't considering that -- good call. I suppose with the
1 button idea, the button could change to 'undo rating' or something once
you've rated an article (although that requires a lookup).

order for any mark at all to even show up next to an article (they would both
have to give it a "Spotlight" recommendation).  And it takes at least 4 people
all recommending something as "Spotlight" in order for a °° Spotlight mark to
show up.

One consideration is that these thresholds may need to change if LUGnet (and
/ or the rating system) grows massively in popularity. (You've probably
already thought of that, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.)

Thomas (and anyone else), does this seem like a positive change to you?

I think so, but I suppose that's already clear. :)

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/