 Administrative / General / 6373
Re: Ratings thrown out; changed to Highlighting (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:28:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
John Gramley <jkgii@aol.com> wrote:
I do have one concern and that has to do with automatically generating the
Spotlight page based on these recommendations.  The concern is that
significantly fewer posts will show up.  Reloading the current Spotlight page

The theory (my theory, anyway *grin*) is that the new system will shortly
result in more people participating, so it'll all work out.

Agreed.  I will be using the new system more than the old.

One concept would be to have the spotlight threshold be related to the
number of ratings made within the relevant period. This would 1) scale up to
the future when millions of people read lugnet daily and 2) make it possible
to do weekly or monthly spotlights.

I would love to see weekly and monthly spotlights.  Great idea!

John Gramley