 Administrative / General / 6187
Re: the latest news Rating System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:20:42 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=5468

That one surprises me.  I marked it a 50 as soon as it appeared, but 3 • other
people marked it 100.  Only thing I can figure is that they thought it • might
be helpful to raise its visibility.  It's certainly not anything I'd call
worthy of 100 in its own right.  (For anyone following along but not • clicking
the URL, it's a message I posted yesterday about a mysterious payment
received).

--Todd

I saw this post soon after it was posted and I rated it 100.
It is rather an important post--not for me but for someone, namely the
person who sent the payment.  My reasoning behind rating it 100 was so that
it would stand out and have a better chance of being seen by the sender of
the cheque.

I wondered at the same time why Todd did not think to cross-post to
.loc.germany and even some of the other bordering nations locations groups.
The whole thing does not concern me other than I hope that the sender of the
cheque will read the post and come forward to take claim for the payment.

    Kevin Salm
    ....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....