 Administrative / General / 6175
Re: Article rating (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:06:59 GMT

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:07:52 GMT Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote
concerning 'Re: Article rating (was: Re: the latest news)':
In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed it, but is this
available?  It sounds *extremely* useful!

Mine is a horrible hack crufted together to run in text mode with Curses on
my particular home machine, but Jeremy Sproat has written a general-purpose
platform-independent newsreader in Java, and I think he might be considering
adding rating capability to it.  (Or was that Dan Boger?)

I'm still working on my perl/tk based streamer... it's coming along
slowly, since work keeps bugging me.  What about addind the
X-lugnet-rating header to avid.cgi, though?  Without it, the client
can rate, but won't be able to see other people's ratings...  Also, is
it ok for the client to use the raw.cgi to get specific messages, when
needed?  Or is that not a part of the published API?

:)

Dan