 Administrative / General / 6153
Re: Article rating (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:44:18 GMT

For example, if I want to rate an article 70, I just press the "7" key on my
keyboard and it queues up a 70 for that article (which it sends to the server
in the background) and then immediately shows me the next article.

Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed it, but is this available?
It sounds *extremely* useful!

How about search results?  Sometime down the road (a long way, probably) the
search results could take the ratings into account (at your discretion at
search-time) and you could ask the search engine to give higher priority to
articles with higher scores.  Would you find that useful?

Yep! Yep! Yepyepyepyepyepyep! Useful! Yepyepyep!! Yeeeep!

Actually, if that included fuller search capabilities as well (date, author,
subject, etc) then I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one doing bad Seasame-Street
alien impersonations :)

Richard