 Administrative / General / 6146
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:06:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

D. Jezek wrote:
I think the rating system is generally a good thing.  I also think that some
types of messages shouldn't be rated at all, especially posts announcing
pictures of original creations.  There was at least one case where I've seen a
post like this being rated below 50.  So even if you don't like John's Ninja
fortress/Spaceship/Whatever and don't have anything positive to say about it,
please keep it to yourself and don't rate at all rather than leaving a low
rating.  Nobody wants to hear that their creation sucks even if it really
does ;-) especially when it took them many hours/days/months to build it.

If one takes the rating system as a judge of usefullness, I would be
inclined to rate MOC posts high if the creation was really worth looking
at because it was so impressive, or demonstrated some nifty technique or
something. I would be inclined to down-rate such posts which have broken
links, point to web sites which are really obnoxious, point to just one
small, dark, out of focus image, etc.

On the other hand, I'm mostly ignoring the rating system, so feel free
to ignore my opinions of how to use it :-) :-)

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com