 Administrative / General / 6165
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 07:25:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Thomas Main wrote:

<snip>

I love LUGNET and don't know what I would do without the many resources it
provides...not the least of which is a feeling of community and commonality.
But there are trends within the community that disturb me...the creation of the
council group, the article rating system, the self-appointed "police" of LUGNET
who monitor appropriate use of the server (although I fully support the
sanction of members who break the TOS...I just feel that there is an
appropriate authority that should enforce the TOS) and the air of
self-righteousness that I feel some members of the group have and use to make
others feel less worthy.

You perfectly expressed my feelings. Actually, I don't use web interface
and never care about rating someone's post and/or ratings of my posts,
and Todd made clear several day ago what the council is for, but they
all made me feel sad. It all smells elitism IMHO, which is not so a good
thing.

Selçuk