 Administrative / General / 6168
  Re: the latest news

(...) In an ideal world all the groups could self police, and Todd's intervention would not really be needed.... but then in a ideal world there would never be any problems. The problem with LUGNET is that it is the noise makers who shape things to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: the latest news

(...) Unless you can name some names, and cite some examples then I don't think I can agree. Also, 'noise makers' is a bit of a troublesome term - eg. not many posts caused more noise than your request to change the T&C, and that didn't shape policy (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: the latest news

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@__nospa...yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ft9Is6.JAC@lugnet.com... (...) to a (...) I (...) many (...) didn't (...) Sorry I wrote that with TM's "air of self-righteousness" comment in my head - absolutely no slur was (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: the latest news

(...) Currently, you're right. The rating system allows me to rate the "little guys" with good opinions up and the loud guys just blowing off steam down. Without ratings, whoever posts the most often gets seen the most. With ratings, I could (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: the latest news

(...) Exactly. Ultimately, the output of the ratings (the composite ratings for each article) are nothing more than a recommendation to read the article. Higher scores mean higher recommendations to read. (Lower scores might also mean that too, if (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)