 Administrative / General / 6386
Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:09:05 GMT

It's subtle, but it's like that on purpose so that, basically, the more
red you see, the more your eye is drawn to it.  (Red, biologically, has
the strongest draw of all colors, for non-colorblind humans.)

I think you should take colorblindness into consideration:
LUGNET is predominantly male, and 1 in 5 males is colorblind.
At a glance, I can't tell red text from black, which is why I suggested you
change the background color:
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6385
The more there is of a color, the more likely I'll notice.
On the other hand, I think the change in font weight for the first post in a
thread works very well.  I don't know how well browsers and humans detect
gradual changes in font weight, but I do know that it is possible to vary the
weight using CSS...
Just my .02
--Bram