 Administrative / General / 6302
Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:23:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:

Good suggestions. I'd like to flog my personal dead horse here :)

Hey.. there's a cue for dead-horse floggage in this group ;-)

and note
that it'd be nice to just have ONE button/checkbox for each scale. You'd
still end up with continuum of scores, but based on the total number of
people who pressed the button.

It does have some benefits - how would the "off-topic" button work though if
the message was cross-posted, and assuming that it wasn't off-topic in every
group? Also - that is a problem with any cross-posted message - it might be
great in one group, but not in another - there are quite a few examples of this
already!

Also - if you like the message, do you rate it? Or do you only rate messages
that you REALLY REALLY like? This one might actually work itself out - not
everybody will rate the latest pirate jungle, but a lot more people will rate
the latest news from LD, thereby giving it greater prominance. But it is
perhaps best not to assume that it would work that way, eithout further
consideration?

Richard