 Administrative / General / 6367
Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:54:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote:
(bad/neutral,good,excellent), then there isn't the same danger of feelings

"Bad"? Where's this coming from?

It's the category in which all the bad and neutral posts will live (unrated).

Neutral is only bad when 4 out of 5 messages are higher than non-neutral and
the odd neutral stands out for not having been uprated.  This new arrangement
(hopefully) will have the opposite -- 4 out of 5 messages neutral and only 1
out 5 non-neutral.  And (roughly) 1 out of 100 as Spotlight.

Some munging of old data will be needed of course.

One suggestion might be to change the input field from a dropdown to being
a checkbox.

If there are going to only be three choices, then I'd prefer buttons - one
click instead of click,locate,scroll,unclick,locate,click.

That could work for single-article displays.  Still needs to be (at the very
least) radio buttons for multiple-article displays (like threads).  Chose a
drop-down list because it saves room for other things like "grab a copy of
this article and store it in my personal 'Xyzpdq' folder/channel."

--Todd