 Administrative / General / 6361
Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:

OK, there are now two choices (down from 5, down from 11 originally) in a
drop-down list...

  CHOICE           ACTION

  - - -            No action (default choice).

What about "No Opinion"? I thought it was heavy negative until I tried
submitting it and investigated why it had no effect.

OK

  ° Highlight      Recommend for highlighting with a ° symbol.

  °° Spotlight     Recommend for highlighting with a °° symbol and also
                   for inclusion in the LUGNET Spotlight page.

What if you really dig a message, but you don't think it's relevant to
the spotlight - ie - a message on this current topic? Would it be okay to
use 'spotlight' then? Or is 'spotlight' only for those messages that you
truely and honestly believe should go into the spotlight?

Is 'Spotlight' saying "This message should be in the spotlight", or "This
message is so great it is spotlight-esque in its funkiness"? Those are two
different things to me.

I'll have to find a way to clarify that.  It's supposed to mean, "I recommend
that this message be included in the LUGNET Spotlight page."

--Todd